Denver stained glass repair experts
Do you need some stained glass repair, Denver? Do you have a beloved piece of stained glass, perhaps a window, a door insert, or a hanging panel that is in need of repair? Stained glass is quite durable, considering that it is only made of pieces of glass, held together with a rather soft metal, lead. Intact stained glass windows have been found dating back centuries! But it can get damaged.
With our stained glass repair, Denver stained glass lovers can have their beautiful piece fixed so perfectly that they will never even know it was ever broken. We are able match just about any color of glass, and can even order special finishes if necessary. And because we use special dark leads, we can match the look of your pieces original lead strips even if it is now an antique.
Sometimes clients do have a broken, chipped, or cracked piece of stained glass and they wonder whether or not it is worth it to have it repaired. The answer depends on the age of the piece and the amount of damage. If your stained glass window is an antique, then by having it repaired you’ll have a window that is worth approximately four times the amount of a brand new stained glass window.
Since we are talking about glass, sometimes clients will contact us about a window that has one or two cracked pieces of glass, or a missing piece of glass. With our special methods of stained glass repair, Denver customers can rest assured that we can easily fix the piece.
Here is our process for stained glass repair, Denver:
1. We will uninstall the stained glass from the window or door and take it to our studio. All stained glass repairs must be done in the studio, they cannot be done on site.
2. We will assess the damage and order any glass or materials necessary to do the job.
3. If there are missing or damaged pieces of glass, we must disassemble the window, starting from the edge nearest to the damage. We only take it apart as much as is necessary to reach the damaged area.
4. We will replace the missing or broken glass with new glass in the exact size and shape to fit the window. We use new lead strips to hold it in place, making sure their width and color matches the piece.
5. We reassemble the window, polish it up, and reinstall it in your home, office, or other location.
When it comes to stained glass repair, Denver residents should be advised that sometimes, the glass is cracking and falling out because of a deeper issue. The structure of it might be failing. If you stand beneath the window and notice any sagging or bowing, that is a telltale sign that more than just a simple repair will be required. If the window is antique (100 years or older) or large and heavy, such as church windows, it might be in need of full restoration. This is a much more extensive process.
For any windows requiring stained glass repair, Denver clients are advised to contact us as soon as possible.