How to Get Started with Stained Glass Restoration in Denver
Knowing about when your stained glass window needs restoration can be fairly obvious. Because the window itself practically tells you so.
- The glass of your stained glass window has cracks
- Chips appear in the leading or on the glass itself
- There is bowing of the stained glass window frame
- Your windows lack luster
- There is visible light coming through gaps on the stained glass window
- Your stained glass window appears concave
While apparent signs that your stained glass is ready for repair are easy to see–what to do next may not be. But realizing your need stained glass restoration puts you halfway there. The next part, as it were, is easy.
The First Steps Of Stained Glass Restoration
1 Find A Reputable Stained Glass Professional: Stained glass professionals here in Denver are not profuse. This is because stained glass is an aging art form so the number of artisans is dwindling. Luckily for you, many of the ones still in the biz are passionate about it. Other’s, like us, at Stained Glass Denver, are both passionate and extraordinarily skilled. Preserving stained windows for the next generation is something we have decades of experience in and love to do.
2. Settle on The Scope And Budget For Your Stained Glass Project: Once you start getting bids for the job, you will have a lot of information. So be sure to sort through it. Depending on the extent of the damage on your stained glass bids and the work you are willing to have done–the bids will range from higher to lower. The decision is yours to make. But remember, the cheapest bid does not always mean the highest quality. In fact, often times price and quality correspond directly in the stained glass arena. Cutting corners on stained glass repairs will show in the final quality and/or the durability of your restored stained glass. At Stained Glass Denver, we are admittedly on the high-end of bids. But our restored stained glass is guaranteed to last another 80-100 years before needing repairs. Not many restoration experts compare.
3. Prepare Your Denver Home For Contractors: Like most home improvement projects, stained glass restoration will involve contractors in and around your home. The good news is, with stained glass restoration, many times the windows are restored in our studio. Also, even if the restoration is done in your home, it won’t typically involve a slew of workers. But be sure you clear the area around the project and gate off pets and children from the area before work begins.
Stained Glass Denver For Denver Stained Glass Restoration
There you have it! You are ready for the stained glass restoration on your Denver home to begin! For more info or to talk with us about your unique stained glass project, contact us at Stained Glass Denver today!